LITIGATION LAWYER/SOLICITOR – HEAD OF LITIGATION
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
Due to continued business success and growth at GloverPriest Solicitors we are currently recruiting a Senior Solicitor to take over the role of Head of Litigation.
Applications are invited from Litigation Solicitors at 5 years PQE+ dealing with a broad range of Commercial and Civil Litigation matters. The role will be based in one of our busy offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Litigation Solicitor who is looking to join a forward thinking firm who are proudly ranked #2 Law firm in the UK via ReviewSolicitors, there couldn't be a better time to join us.
Management and leadership of all aspects regarding the Litigation team over our offices based in Tamworth, Lichfield, Great Barr, Quinton, Stourbridge, Kings Heath, Wellingborough and Market Harborough, ensuring the department is working in accordance with the company’s business objectives
- Conduct matters on behalf of clients in both Commercial and Civil Litigation matters.
- Management of a varied caseload to include boundary disputes, residential and commercial landlord and tenant issues and contract disputes and general disputes. Fee earners should expect to be challenged and stimulated on a daily basis
- The Litigation Solicitor will have experience dealing with a broad setting and realising departmental targets, managing a team and planning strategically for growth in alignment with the business goals of the company
- Supervision of fee-earning work undertaken by junior members of the team
- Management of support services for the team
- Financial control including managing cash flow for the team through efficient billing and payment procedures
- Recognising fee-earning opportunities and developing those opportunities
- Compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Code of Conduct and the Money Laundering Regulations in accordance with current guidance from the SRA and the company
- Identifying and meeting job related training and development targets
The Litigation Solicitor – Head of Litigation will possess:
- Solicitor qualification or FILEx with 5+ years PQE in Private Client work
- Experience in all aspects of Commercial and Civil Litigation Law (including complex matters)
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- A network of existing contacts
- Ability to build the client base and help market the company’s wider services
- Leadership and management experience, able to work within and manage a team
- Self motivated and clear thinking
We are offering:
- Competitive joining salary
- Attractive holiday package
- Free Health Shield cover after 3 months
- Pension Scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Gifted ‘Birthday’ leave after 12 months employment
- Annual events
- Clear development pathway