Work Experience at GloverPriest
At GloverPriest Solicitors we are committed to supporting future generations of legal professionals.Start Application
We recognise the importance of work experience
At GloverPriest Solicitors we are committed to supporting future generations of legal professionals.
If you are looking for a legal career, it’s a brilliant opportunity to see what it’s like to work in a firm for a week or two through work experience. We recognise the vital role that our work experience programme has to play for students of all backgrounds., this is why we are able to offer this opportunity to a number of students aged 15 plus across all 8 of our offices each year.
Placements are limited and provide valuable experience for those looking to pursue a career in law and impressive candidates can potentially secure roles as future paralegals and/or trainees.
What will I do on the placement?
The one to two week-long programme will provide first-hand insight into a medium-sized law firm. You won’t be filing and photocopying!
Sitting alongside both business support teams and fee-earners at all levels, successful applicants will typically experience the day-to-day workings of a professional law firm by spending time in a variety of teams during their placement. You’ll get a full overview of what it’s like to work in a professional environment, get valuable work experience and discover for yourself what law in practice is really like. What’s more, the experience will give your CV a real boost.
Here is part of what to expect:
- Working with a mentor
- Learning directly from Lawyers, Solicitors and Support Staff
- Shadowing in one of our practice areas
- Networking with our team
- Contributing to group exercises
- Completing tasks
- Going over your CV, Application & Interview tips
- Discussing your career plans
What are the entry requirements?
- We’re looking for people who show a genuine interest in the law.
- 15 plus years of age
- Studying GCSE, AS/A Levels or equivalent or Working towards a Degree in law or equivalent
GloverPriest Solicitors values diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
If you don’t meet the above criteria but there are mitigating circumstances that explain why you’ve failed to meet the minimum academic requirements, there’s an opportunity for you to include this information in your application.
Please state in your application which of our offices you would wish to be considered for, the areas of law you are interested in and your availability dates. While we do our best to meet applicant’s preferences, the availably of places within each office/department does vary and can be limited at certain times.
Please note that;
- Students will be asked to sign a confidentiality and data protection agreement upon commencing a work experience placement.
- Students are expected to work normal office hours, 9am to 5pm.
- Work experience is only available for those aged 15-18 during approved education authority work experience periods and subject to confirmation from the education setting.
- Placements do not equate to qualifying work experience for the purposes of the SQE.
- Placements are not remunerated, and we do not pay expenses.
- Regrettably we are unable to offer work experience placements to students under the age of 15.